Formed in 1999, SJA is a leading construction industry advisory and delivery services firm, operating throughout Australia, New Zealand and select international territories providing a wide range of expert, professional and strategic services to contract principals, contractors and their advisors involved in the delivery of high-profile projects in the building, civil engineering, and infrastructure sectors.
SJA provides commercial and contract management, quantity surveying and cost planning, planning, and programming and project management services to support its client’s requirements during any part of a project life cycle from inception to completion, including dispute resolution and the provision of expert witness testimony.
In support of our business expansion initiatives SJA has immediate employment opportunities for suitably qualified and experienced commercial practitioners to join its Advisory Services and Quantity Surveying team based in Melbourne.
In addition to professionalism, enthusiasm, strong English language skills (spoken and written) and a high level of self-motivation, all applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (preferably in quantity surveying, engineering, law or commercial management);
- Not less than 5 years relevant post-graduate employment experience with recognised tier 1 and 2 construction contractors or reputable consultancies;
- Willingness to work individually or in dynamic team environments for our clients (from either SJA CBD offices or deployment to client projects).
For the Contract Manager position, applicants must have competence in a broad range of commercial management activities including:
- works package procurement,
- head contract and supply chain administration,
- measurement and valuation of variations, preparation of payment claims pursuant to the relevant security of payment act,
- preparation, submission, and negotiation of final accounts,
- preparation of contract claims for extensions of time and compensation; and
- experienced in contract analysis, preparation of position papers and reports.
For Senior Contract Administrator positions, applicants must have competence in:
- a broad range of commercial management activities including works package procurement, head contract and supply chain administration, assessment and valuation of variations, preparation of payment claims pursuant to the relevant security of payment act,
- experience in the detailed measurement of construction works (ability to use specialist software such as Cost-X will be highly regarded),
- an understanding of detailed cost forecasting; and
- a strong emphasis on data accuracy and completeness.
For all positions, possessing or working towards professional qualifications (e.g., RICS, AIQS, MCIOB) is considered advantageous but not essential. Candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia.
SJA offers competitive salary packages, real work-life balance, and a career with an expanding business. With first class CBD offices in Melbourne, SJA provides a stimulating, professional and collaborative working environment where the careers of our team can develop, and flourish and our combined skills and experience are harnessed to add value for our clients through what we call the ‘SJA Advantage’.
To express your interest in joining SJA and to apply for these positions please, in the first instance, provide a letter of application including your CV and copies of academic qualifications to careers @sja.com.au