Formed in 1999, SJA is a leading construction industry advisory and delivery services firm, operating throughout Australia, New Zealand and select international territories providing a wide range of expert, professional and strategic services to contract principals, contractors and their advisors involved in the delivery of high-profile projects in the building, civil engineering, and infrastructure sectors.
SJA provides project management, commercial and contract management, quantity surveying and cost planning, and planning and programming services to support its client’s requirements during any part of a project life cycle from inception to completion, including dispute resolution and the provision of expert witness testimony.
In support of our business expansion initiatives SJA has immediate employment opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Project Manager to join its team based in Melbourne.
Our ideal applicant will have a desire to contribute and make a positive input to a close-knit team in a growing organisation and will possess:
- Superior knowledge in building and civil construction techniques and practices.
- Ability to manage a design process and a consultant team.
- Excellent communication and client liaison skills.
- Ability to own projects on behalf of our clients.
- Management and technical ability to manage multiple projects.
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- An interest in contributing to building the company and developing future business.
- Experience in assisting with compiling bids and tenders for future work.
- Meticulous contract administration skills.
- Qualifications in construction management, project management, civil engineering or similar.
- Robust knowledge of contracts, Building Code of Australia and legislative requirements associated with the construction industry.
- Membership of AIPM, RICS, CIOB or similar will be highly regarded.
- 5+ years local experience is required for this role.
SJA offers competitive salary packages, real work-life balance, and a career with an expanding business. With first class CBD offices in Melbourne, SJA provides a stimulating, professional and collaborative working environment where the careers of our team can develop, and flourish and our combined skills and experience are harnessed to add value for our clients through what we call the ‘SJA Advantage’.
To express your interest in joining SJA and to apply for this position please, in the first instance, provide a letter of application including your CV and copies of academic qualifications to email@example.com.