SJA is a leading construction and engineering project advisory and delivery services consultancy.
With offices around Australia, New Zealand and select international locations, we have over 20 years of specialist experience in providing Expert & Advisory, Planning & Programming, Project Management, and Quantity Surveying services across all sectors of the construction and engineering industries.
SJA’s client base includes ASX200 companies. SJA provides services across all scale, and types of construction, including the built environment and defining building and infrastructure projects. For more information, visit our website www.sja.com.au.
We are seeking an experienced commercial management professional for the role of State Manager based in Brisbane, Queensland.
Reporting to the General Manager, Advisory Services, the right candidate will have the opportunity to develop and lead a professional services practice with a high degree of autonomy to meet agreed company business objectives.
The State Manager position is a senior and crucial strategic role within SJA. It will be attractive to ambitious candidates who value, prize, and accept being responsible and accountable for the successful conversion of business plans and making them a reality supported by the SJA senior management team.
The successful candidate must possess a solid commercial management background in the building and infrastructure sectors and an ability to lead and develop teams to advance our clients’ project objectives.
To be successful in the role, candidates must also demonstrate an ability to head up and lead business development activities within the region, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to persuade people across all levels of seniority.
Key characteristics required for the State Manager role include:
– Minimum of fifteen years of building, construction and/or infrastructure industry experience
– Ability to develop regional business plans and a passion to meet and exceed agreed targets to grow the SJA footprint
– Possess business acumen to support prospecting and sales conversion for SJA service commissions
– Provide regional leadership to enhance the SJA brand, inspire a culture of teamwork and loyalty and collaborate with the wider SJA team
– Ability to attract, retain, develop, and grow the human resource base
– Be recognised as a trusted advisor by the SJA client base.
– Strong written and verbal communication abilities, including the drafting of persuasive independent reports
– Ability to synthesise and distil complex situations into readily interpreted and understood concepts
– Experience in commercial management processes and techniques, including contract management and administration, procurement, and superintendency
– Experience in the delivery of commercial management services over the full project life cycle on a range of projects
– Ability to oversee project service assurance for multiple commissions in the region
– Confidence to present to client organisations at all levels
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
– Competitive Salary
– Discount on Corporate Health Insurance
– Long Service Award Scheme
– Wellbeing Day
– Life Assurance
– Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
– Regular Training and Career Development
At SJA, we promote collaboration, flexibility, diversity and inclusivity. We believe these things combine to allow the development of highly motivated and committed teams that deliver quality services in support of our client’s objectives. Our team are qualified, experienced, and talented industry professionals.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply and explore the options of a career with SJA.
SJA is owned by the RSK Group, a UK-based, internationally recognised leading integrated environmental, engineering and technical services business.
The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, RSK’s philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, innovate, and make a difference. As a company, we want you to share our achievements and be a conduit for your success.