Engaged by the NSW Department of Education to provide Quantity Surveying services for Warnervale School and Tamworth Public School as part of the Central Coast Schools Package project, SJA identified potential risks during the different design stages, and suggested mitigation strategies.
The construction works included adding a new primary school and hall for Warnervale, and adding new teaching spaces and removing demountable buildings for Tamworth Public School.
The Quantity Surveying division provided the following services :
- Development of a compliant quantity surveying delivery plan while maintaining the Prinicipal's program management system for the project
- Preparation of feasibility, concept and business case estimates to establish project parameters and budget while fulfilling the Principal's and legislative requirements
- Preparation of tender documentation including the establishment of the Principal's project requirements, preliminary design and statutory planning applications
- Preparation of pre-tender estimates, answered tender questions, and undertook tender evaluations to assist the project manager in awarding the contract
- Preparation of estimates for developing schematic and detailed design; assessment of the value of works against the main contractor's progress payment claims
- Preparation of recommendations for payment in compliance with the governing contract, and assessment of the value of variation works based on the contract terms
- Reporting to the PM and Project Control Group teams on the cost status of the project, and assistance in final account settlement