Skilled in managing situations and people, our team view every project as an opportunity to deliver exceptional work.
Our Project Management team manages all phases of a project life cycle, from project inception and planning through to implementation, commissioning and handover. This capability at a project level is also applied at the program level in providing our assured management services to a portfolio of projects on behalf of our clients.
We deliver project management excellence across specialised areas such as project inception, briefing and design, procurement, risk, contract, governance and completion.
Combining stringent cost, time and contract management ensures the end project is delivered to clients’ specifications.
Our Project Management service
The inception and planning of a project requires project delivery acumen and broad experience by sector and scale to anticipate project risks and issues and best determine project processes. The nature of project inception and planning varies by sector and the role and expertise of the client representative. Our breadth of experience enables optimum project planning for our assured management of project delivery.
- Project briefing and foundation documentation
- Project health checks and distressed project planning
- Development of project requirements and quality objectives
- Establishment of budget and cost management practice
- Establishment of program and time management practice
- Authority and utilities approval planning
- Development feasibility and management support services
- Business case drafting and executive briefing
- Governance framework establishment and secretariat
- Initial risk identification and analysis
- Project systems, controls and reporting establishment
- Communications framework and stakeholder management planning
- Project execution planning
The briefing and design management phase develops the design brief from foundation documents at project inception into tender-ready documents via structured briefing and consultation. We apply design management processes in collaboration with design consultants to advance briefing and documentation.
- Design and technical consultant procurement
- Consultant contract administration
- User and technical stakeholder consultation
- Stakeholder alignment workshops
- Site investigations and due diligence for design
- Design process management
- Design interface management
- Design quality and compliance management
- Commercial documentation coordination
- Oversight of the Safety in Design process
Procurement planning and the appropriate risk allocation to best achieve project outcomes is key in project planning. That is, the establishment of procurement strategies to balance the pursuit of the sometimes-competing objectives of time, cost, quality and importantly safety, is a key early task in the project life cycle that requires project experience and clarity of understanding of the construction supply chain. This considers commercial price formation, including the allocation of costs for known and unknown risks to deliver best value for money.
- Contractor analysis and short listing
- Tender documentation and price formation mechanisms
- Milestone or stage planning for operational continuity
- Assisting legal practitioners in drafting of special conditions
- Addressing authority risk and requirements under contract
- Tender process management
- Tender evaluation (clarification and negotiation)
- Contract execution support and contract implementation.
We provide bespoke value management and risk management services to our clients via formal facilitation processes as well as informal project documentation reviews and project gate assurance services. Our risk and opportunities process identifies risks and seeks to provide pragmatic and appropriate mitigation measures or gain improvements where opportunities exist which align with project objectives. This is complementary to our value management services which are broader than simple cost review, but link to overall project value measured both by ultimate capital cost and whole of life cost.
Key to our client offering is astute and informed superintendency or contract administration of works contracts. We serve to administer the contract as written and preserve the risk allocation and liability per the basis at contract formation. This is a critical function of our assured project delivery service and one supported ably by our broader business services supporting time, quantum and commercial matters.
We have experience in contract administration as superintendent / certifier, agent and principal’s representative and experience in construct only, design and construct, construction management, managing contractor and other variants, including price formation and performance incentive management.
Our project management acumen is applied at a program level managing a portfolio of projects or, in some instances, providing oversight and quality assurance of management services of others in support of our larger clients.
- Master scheduling
- Master cost management
- Program communications
- Design brief reconciliation and controls
- Design and project management quality assurance
- Project auditing and health checks
- Risk and value management services at a program level
- Oversight of approvals process
- Business case review and gateway process
- Program governance reporting and management
- Change management and benefits realisation management
- Safety and compliance
Independent third-party certifier and development monitoring services provide investor/owner occupiers, financiers and lessees with the surety that all aspects of the project delivery process are being adhered to by the respective parties as required in the project briefs, agreement for lease and construction contract documentation. Through the implementation of a rigorous and structured framework of assessing and reporting, we manage and mitigate against potential development risk.
Our development management services provide clients with professional, expert advice – managing all aspects of the development process from project inception. These critical front-end aspects of the property development cycle cover development appraisal and feasibility study assessment, development approval consultation through to development application submission, assessing development finance requirements, project budget analysis and the formulation of a project procurement strategy to maximise the developers return from the completed project.